- Responsibility for the parliamentary committee concerned, following up work and providing assistance to Members of the committee, including the drafting and management of amendments, voting lists, reviews, minutes, and providing opinions and advice as necessary, possibly in close and effective cooperation with other colleagues in the same committee,
- Close cooperation with the MEP who acts as coordinator for the committee,
- Preparation of working groups, including 'horizontal' working groups, monitoring them and ensuring their smooth-running,
- Coordination with the other political groups and the administration of the European Parliament,
- Responsibility for the follow-up of the work of the Plenary Assembly of the EP relating to the AGRI committee, including maintaining external contacts where necessary,
- Liaison with the press and the communications team,
- Establish contacts with civil society and other external groups.
Knowledge / skills required
- to be a citizen of a member country of the European Union and to enjoy his civil rights,
- level of education corresponding to a complete cycle of university studies of at least three years completed attested by a diploma,
- knowledge of community mechanisms and European institutions,
- excellent writing skills,
- analysis and synthesis skills,
- good computer skills.
- For functional reasons, very good knowledge of French and English,
- Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union will be taken into consideration.
The S&D Group insists, in particular, on the fact that this position requires availability and flexibility, a methodical approach, discretion, a capacity for rapid adaptation to variable workloads. Candidates must be able to demonstrate initiative, both independently and as a team, and adapt to a multicultural environment. Finally, they will be supported in their professional development throughout their career.
Frequent travel outside Belgium may be required, especially to Strasbourg during the parliamentary session.
Duration of the contract: 1 year starting, if possible, from mid-April 2020
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference: AGRI adviser
Deadline: 24/02/2020 at noon