Every year in May, the European Parliament celebrates Europe Day by inviting you to discover what goes on inside its buildings.
The Open Day is your chance to get closer to the people you elect to represent you and see how they work to defend your interests in the European Union.
Come and visit the S&D Group and find out more about our activities, our priorities and our political initiatives, but also take part in the activities we will organise on the stand. There will be a photo booth, live music, a graffiti performance and several games (e.g. Jenga, giant Mikado, ball games).
We will also have a room next to our venue where we plan to organise a Go local event with the PES activists. We are also planning to invite our Together Ambassadors, coming from across Europe, to chat with you and answer your questions.
The EP programme for the day includes:
• a path through the European Parliament buildings will explain how the Members of the European Parliament represent European citizens;
• talks inside the Hemicycle to explain what goes on inside the debating and voting plenary chamber;
• public debates on fake news, on the European elections and on Europe's values;
• a chance to meet the political groups and see what their priorities are;
• a festive European atmosphere outside on the Agora Simone Veil with face painting, kite-making, 3D painting and a jazz brass band;
• a DJ stage on Place du Luxembourg until 20:00.
The European Parliament will be open from 10:00 until 18:00, last entry 17:30.
This year the European institutions will open to the public on Saturday 5th May in Brussels and Sunday 10th June in Strasbourg.