Our next Together event will be held around the PES Council in Prague on 2 December 2016.
The S&D Group is proud of having launched on 19 October 2016, along with our partners, the Together initiative. This is only the beginning of a journey where citizens will play a driving role in shaping our policies. Our next stop will be in Prague on 2 December 2016 around the PES Council.
The topic for discussion in Prague is the Digital Agenda. Digitalisation is changing the way we do everything, from how we work to how we spend our free time. It offers huge opportunities for new jobs and new ways to enrich our lives but it also brings many new challenges. As progressives, managing the digital transition and ensuring no one is left behind is a priority. We want to bridge the digital divide and work with you so that a digital Europe can be a platform for activism, can bring new quality jobs for young people and a sustainable digital labour market.
Take this journey with us and join European Policy makers, citizens, NGOS, politicians and activists in Europe Together: Prague Edition. More information on the event and how to participate will follow shortly.
More information about our group’s position on the Digital Agenda can be found here - we invite you to read it and to pitch your ideas to us in Prague!
‘Together for young people, social solidarity and equality in the digital age’ Prague, 2 December 2016 (13:00 - 16:00)
We will discuss the draft Prague Digital Declaration which sets out ‘Digital policies that will bring Europe TOGETHER!’
The questions we will seek to answer :
• New job opportunities for young people in digital economy?
• European digital labour market and new ways of social solidarity?
• Fighting for digital equality for all?
Speakers will include, among others :
• Jan Hamáček, Chair of CZ Parliament
• Nicolas Schmit, Luxembourg Minister of Social Affairs and Digital
• Myriam El Khomri, French Minister of Employment
• Tomas Prouza Czech State Secretary on the Digital Agenda,
• Josef Weidenholzer, Vice President S&D Group
• Marju Lauristin MEP, Vice President S&D Group
• Victor Negrescu MEP
• Pille Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt (Malmö University);
• Christof Degryse (ETUI),
• Mark Walker (Abilitynet) and many more...